Sunday, September 24, 2006

4/12 Inf (M), Baumholder FRG 1989

Here are a few more fellows who were with us in 1989. I originally posted this over at 1/39 Infantry web beacon, but I'm reasonably confident that both of them were still there in 1989 for the redesignation to 4/12 Inf.

SFC Norman, whose first name I forget, had moved up very quickly through the ranks. Although I wouldn't swear to it I think he had been a teacher before joining the Army and I'm pretty sure he made it to E-7 in four years. He had been with the Berlin Brigade and met his wife in Berlin. SFC Norman was assigned to Alpha Company 1/39 Infantry before being tapped for a job with the S-3 shop.

SGT James Farrell was with Echo Company 1/39 Infantry as an 11 Hotel. Originally from Saint Joseph Missouri, he'd been around the Army for a while including a tour in Korea and -- am I right here? -- Fort Campbell. He and his wife lived out in Niederalben at the east end of the tank trail.

I had both of them pegged as potential CSMs, and I hope they got there, too.

p.s. Add your name to the roster now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home