Saturday, March 10, 2007

Russ Nehmer, 4/12 Inf (M), H D Smith Barracks

Had an email from Russ Nehmer a while back, who's in uniform once again and serving up in Darmstadt as a Staff Sergeant.

Back in Baumholder Russ served with Echo Company and Delta Company. I had hoped to run his entire email but, since I don't have full permission, here are the pertinent bits that I can safely provide:

Looking for any old contacts. My military email is russell.nehmer@us.army.mil or russell.nehmer@mi.army.mil . Private is rwn01@hotmail.com.
Russ also mentioned many other soldiers he served with around 1990:

Lt Bruce
Lt.Weaver
Lt. Reyes (one heck of a soldier)
SGT Butrum
SGT Larsen
SSG Chapman
SSG Reese
I was pleased that Russ managed to catch up to a couple old colleagues through this site:

SSG Darren Glory
SPC Dave Patrick
SPC Carter Fuller
Finally, Russ asked me to see if there was anyone out there who may have been with him at company level or over in PLDC who might still have a set of orders or other paperwork with his name listed, since his DD214 is missing some details from way back when.

Thanks, Russ, for the news, and good luck catching up with anyone who can help.

Warriors!

As I think of it, don't forget that anyone serving with the battalion in 1989 may also have passed through the 1/39 Inf (M) web beacon as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home